Physical Review X
(PRX) is APS's online-only, fully open access journal. It is a highly selective peer-reviewed journal that aims to publish, as timely as possible, exceptional original research papers from all areas of pure, applied, and interdisciplinary physics. PRX's mission is to bring innovative and important results to the broad science and engineering communities under its open access publishing model.
- Broad scope covering original research of wide impact in all areas of pure, applied, and interdisciplinary physics.
- Particular attention to cross-topic, cross-field, and cross-disciplinary research of wide impact.
- High editorial standards for selecting exceptional original research.
- Efficient and responsive review process.
- Flexible article lengths.
- High visibility, rapid publication after acceptance, and enhanced online content delivery.
- Scientific oversight by a distinguished, international, and topically broad Editorial Board.
- Global free access to all content supported by a $1500 article-processing charge to authors or their institutions.
Open Access Publishing
Physical Review X gives readers anywhere in the world free access to its full content.
Accepted articles will be published upon payment of an article-processing charge of $1500, which covers expenses for peer review, composition, hosting and archiving. Publication costs will be waived for authors from countries for which APS offers free online access to its subscription journals. APS, a not-for-profit society publisher, is committed to promoting responsible, reasonable, and cost-effective pricing policies.
Rights of Use:
Articles in PRX will be published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License; authors will retain copyright to their articles. This license permits anyone to copy, distribute, transmit, and adapt an article's content, without obtaining permission from the author(s) or APS, provided proper attribution is given to the author(s) and to the source of the material.